Clean electrical equipment is key to peak performance in the Power Generation industry. ‘ Dirty’ equipment can result in low meg readings as well as catastrophic equipment failure. Efficiency can be reduced and outages can be caused by flashover.
Traditional cleaning methods can require dismantling of equipment, cooling, cleaning, drying, and re-assembly which can take many hours. The need to keep equipment running may mean that essential cleaning may be deferred, resulting in reduced efficiency both operationally and financially.
Dry ice blasting cleans hot and in situ with minimal or no dismantling needed and no byproduct mess created. The fact that dry ice blasting is dry means that electrical components can be effectively cleaned safely and in place. Downtime will be greatly reduced meaning minimal disruption to service with improved performance.
From small electric motors to power stations Dry Ice Blasting offers a fast, effective, chemical and water free method of deep cleaning. Typically, using dry ice cleaning, downtime will be 65% less when compared to the downtime required using alternative methods.
Examples of Equipment that has been dry ice cleaned in Turbine & Power industry:
- Turbines – rotors and rotor windings
- Diaphragm parts
- Junction boxes
- Wire tracks
- Compressors & generators
- AC/DC motors
- Circuit breakers
- Switch gears
- Field frames
- Substation isolators and bushings
Key benefits of dry ice cleaning in the Turbine & Power Generation Industry
Maximise the efficiency of your equipment without lengthy unnecessary outage time by using dry ice cleaning.
- Minimal or no dismantling or re-assembly required therefore reduces equipment downtime
- Increases efficiency - improves megohm readings, increases polarization indices , improves thermal dissipation
- Reduces outage time for cleaning typically by 65%
- No secondary waste to dispose of
- Does not damage the equipment, it is an adjustable and non abrasive process
- Environmentally responsible
- No chemicals used so safe for personnel and equipment
To find out how Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning can improve efficiency and reduce downtime please call us on 01580 754 921 or use our contact form.