Mould is a naturally growing bacterium that can be found in buildings in damp places. It can pose significant health risks to those who live or work in a building infested with mould. Common causes and habitats for mould growth include floods, leaks, plumbing problems, elevated humidity and inefficient cleaning.
Mould requires proper, direct treatment in order to remove existing spores and inhibit future growth by removing any matter that can support growth.
According to the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) the dry ice-blasting method is more successful for mould removal than other common techniques, including scraping, sanding and removal by wire brushing. It also reports that the dry ice method creates less need for clean-up after use and is as fast as another common method: baking soda blasting. The mould spore removal rate is close to 100 percent – more so than other methods.
Mould can be removed using dry ice cleaning from domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
Key benefits of dry ice cleaning for mould remediation
Gone are the days for using messy and expensive mould remediation techniques – dry ice cleaning will achieve a better result whilst also inhibiting re-growth in a fraction of the time.
- Dry ice cleaning is much faster than traditional mould remediation techniques – it can be up to 80% faster....therefore reducing displacement time
- Surface left completely dry, contaminant free and structurally intact
- Dry ice cleaning inhibits the re-growth of the mould as no moisture is added back into the surface during the dry ice blasting process - the extreme cold temperature of the dry ice kills the bacteria and spores
- More cost effective as less manpower needed with dry ice cleaning
- Reduced cost of waste disposal as easier clean-up than with other methods as no contaminated by product is created – only the dislodged mold contaminant needs to be disposed of
- Complete mould removal even from tight spots, around nails, obstructions and hard to reach places – where wire brushing and sanding can not
- No safety issues around wiring, plumbing and electrical areas as dry ice cleaning is moisture free
- Reduces high current power-tool usage
- Reduces liability as exposure to harmful chemicals is eliminated
To find out how Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning can remove mould please call us on 01580 754 921 or use our contact form.