Loss of valuable production time due to conventional cleaning of core boxes and permanent moulds is a problem within the foundry industry. Equipment has to be cooled, dismantled, cleaned and then re-assembled for traditional cleaning which is vital to ensure quality product is produced.
Dry ice cleaning allows equipment to be cleaned hot and in place drastically reducing the lengthy processes of traditional cleaning. No secondary waste stream is created further reducing waste disposal amount and clean up time. The use of solvents and chemicals can also be eliminated and the non abrasive nature of dry ice cleaning means moulds and core boxes will not be ‘changed’ in any way preserving their critical tolerances and increasing the shelf life of expensive tooling.
Examples of dry ice cleaned in the foundry industry include:
- Electrical equipment
- Permanent moulds
- Core boxes
- Screen and slot vents
- Die-casting machines
- Hydraulic power units
Key Benefits of dry ice cleaning in the foundry Industry
Foundries are perhaps one of the industries that can benefit the most from saved down time by using dry ice blasting to clean their plant machinery.
- Reduce production downtime
- Eliminate disassembly of moulds
- Clean better, hot and in-place
- Eliminate waste disposal cost
- Non-abrasive, no damage to tooling,/li>
- Moisture free so safe around electrics
- Environmentally responsible – no chemicals used
- Delivers superior as-cast finish
- Production gains can be very significant (reduces amount of scrap produced so reduces waste production cost)
To find out how Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning can help you please call us on 01580 754 921 or use our contact form.