Legislation and auditors alike take hygiene in food production companies very seriously and the need for food manufacturers to comply with their requirements has never been greater.
Auditors can de-list products should their needs be ignored resulting in a dramatic negative effect on the food producer both financially and operationally. Daily and deep cleans need to be thorough, effective and comply with industry regulations and environmental policies – but all too often require lengthy down time, considerable labour and use of harmful and abrasive solvents and chemicals.
Dry ice cleaning can be done hot and in situ – with no by product waste and no toxicity or cross contamination issues ready for equipment to be back in production fast.
Examples of equipment that has been successfully dry ice cleaned in the food production industry include:
- Electrical conduits
- Cables and electrical units
- Cold stores
- Ovens and oven hoods
- Boxing machines
- Packaging lines
- Walls, ceilings and floors
- Mixers pallets
- Storage vessels
- Mixing vessels
Key Benefits of Dry Ice Cleaning for the Food Processing Industry
More and more food production companies are using dry ice cleaning as a way of reducing their equipment downtime for deep cleaning - as well as helping ensure their daily cleans are more manageable and effective.
- Dry ice cleaning cleans in situ without the need for lengthy dismantling saving valuable production time and increasing production output
- Dry ice cleaning sanitizes killing listeria, e-coli and salmonella, see food standards agency report here
- Dry ice cleaning is dry meaning electrical areas do not have to be dismantled or treated separately, reducing down time
- No need to wait for equipment to cool down prior to clean saving your valuable production time
- No residue after dry ice cleaning, production can begin immediately after dry ice cleaning reducing down time
- Dry ice cleaning is chemical free meaning no toxicity issues or cross contamination problems – and no need for further wash down, again saving valuable production time
- Dry ice cleaning is moisture free - a non electrically conductive process so no problems around electrics
- Since dry ice sublimates on contact with the surface there is only the dislodged contaminant to dispose of reducing waste disposal and associated cost
- Dry ice cleaning is fast and effective and gets into hard to reach places
- Dry Ice cleaning is much quicker and more effective than cleaning by hand
- No chemical exposure to equipment or personnel.
To find out how Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning can solve your deep cleaning needs please call us on 01580 754 921 or use our contact page.