Dry ice cleaning has diverse applications in the automotive industry, from production line machinery to paint booths, and rubber/ moulds to engines. Traditional cleaning methods using chemicals or other blast media processes are costly in terms of production line down time, engineering resource, labour and materials.
Dry ice cleaning offers a quick, effective, safe and ecologically sound cleaning method which is safe around electrics and with no additional by product waste. Often no or minimal dismantling of equipment is required drastically reducing plant line down time and increasing productivity.
Examples of Dry Ice Cleaning in the Automotive Industry:
- Body panel assembly lines
- Spray booths
- Permanent moulds
- Tyre moulds
- Seat and gasket moulds
- Sealing system moulds
- Engine blocks
- Electrical components
- Cylinder heads
- Alloy wheels
- Paint removal
Key benefits for dry ice cleaning in the automotive industry
- No or minimal disassembly required resulting in less down time and therefore increased productivity
- No moisture so safe around electrical components and eliminates need for drying time
- No residue left behind so no need for wet wash down
- No blast media entrapment issues as the dry ice sublimates back into the atmosphere
- As the dry ice sublimates there is less mess to clean up and associated waste disposal costs
- No abrasion to your moulds or machinery extending their lifetime
To find out how Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning can reduce your down time please call us on 01580 754 921 or use our contact form.